Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm a FEMINIST

My name is Colleen, and I'm a feminist.

I'm a college student. I'm a bibliophile. I have wavy brown hair and brown eyes. I like to wear cardigans. I work five jobs. I play the ukulele. I'm going to England next year. I like to paint my nails pretty colors. I'm a National Merit Scholar. I'm a photographer. I want to be a teacher. And I'm a feminist.

I'm a feminist because:

Gender inequality hurts everyone. For every girl tortured by femininity, there is a boy trapped by masculinity.

I want ALL people to be free, equal, educated, and happy about their lives, their jobs, and whom they love.

My bachelor's degree will earn me the same pay as a man with a high school degree.

Around the world, sex is used as a tool of power.

Women work 2/3 of the world's hours, yet earn 10 percent of its income and own 1 percent of its property.


Happy International Women's Day and Feminist Coming Out Day, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment